Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Night Out

I am still so amazed that after a long day of school drop-offs and pick-ups, making lunches and dealing with naps I can be completely rejuvenated by an hour out with a good girl friend. I wasn't out for long and I didn't go far, but boy was I a different person when I returned home. I had only one beer and an appetizer but the laughing and being "out" for some reason restores me. I feel like I can be myself for a little while rather than operating under the persona of mom or wife. The conversation can go in many different directions and the topics are not always necessarily superficial but the importance of connecting with a friend is something I realize I can not do without. I feel like I become a better mom and wife because I have had some time for myself.

Thank goodness for girlfriends who listen to you and laugh with you. Who call you out on your crap and make you feel like everything is going to be okay.

Be Glad!

No comments:

Post a Comment