Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Child's Imagination

How much do I love the imaginations of children? It constantly amazes me how my kids can put on a hat, change their voice or carry a bag and suddenly they take on a whole new persona. So far we have become a Wiggle, a Disney princess, a grandparent, various animals...the list goes on.

Needless to say I was a little curious when my daughter sat down at our desk and said that she was going to write a letter. She made a big show of choosing just the right piece of stationary and just the right envelope. After writing a bunch of "fancy" letters and numbers on the paper she folded it up and stuffed it in the envelope. After licking the envelope about 15 times she was satisfied and sealed her work. Immediately she was climbing down from her chair and asking to put it in the mailbox. As I put lunch on the table she gave me the face...the how could I possibly eat my lunch before putting this very important letter in the mailbox. Crap. "Okay", I said, "Let's put it in." Her face immediately changed and she smiled as we walked to the front door. Once placed in the mailbox she headed off to her seat as I went back into the kitchen. As we parted ways I asked very casually who the letter was for? Her reply was JESUS! Not Ariel, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White or even Nana. It was Jesus! Okay, so I guess we should be adding more postage huh?

Be Glad!

No comments:

Post a Comment