Monday, December 28, 2009

Post Christmas Chaos

Right now I have one child screaming, one child asleep on the couch and another who is running the batteries out of a very loud toy train he got three days ago. My Christmas tree is about to fall over and the smell of pine that filled my house a few days ago has been replaced with the smell of the most recent dirty diaper. There is a pile of boxes and wrapping paper in my garage that is technically a fire hazard and I have no idea where I am going to store all the new toys that my children received from various family members over the holidays.
Now is the time I usually begin to panic and feel overwhelmed by the end of one season and the beginning of another. Now is the time I usually feel like I have not done enough for my family, loved my kids enough or paid enough attention to my husband. Where are my friends?? What is happening in the world around me beyond Christmas cookies, batches of cocoa and holiday decorations? My usual response to this annual guilt fest is to make sweeping resolutions to go out of my way to reconnect with friends and to put my family first at all costs. To be the best person, mother, wife, friend I can be for everyone I know.
Well, this year I am saying SCREW THAT! This year I am patting myself on the back for another year well done and I am offering the same coo dos and congratulations to other moms out there for the same phenomenal act. This year I am going to put humor and fun first so that I can show a smile to my children and my husband as opposed to the frowning scowl that comes from always wondering if I am doing enough. This year is the year to enjoy, relax and get a grip!
Be Glad!


1 comment: