Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Good Riddance and Pamela Anderson

I came across a quote this morning from, of all people, Pamela Anderson. While I hardly consider her to be an example of the ideal mother I was amused by her words.

"I'm a mother with two small children, so I don't take as much crap as I used to."

— Pamela Anderson

Now, as I have three small children and no desire to be married to Tommy Lee once let alone twice, my threshold for taking crap must be that much less. And good for me! I used to think that by taking other people's crap I was using good manners by not being rude to someone for the sole reason that they were rude or thoughtless towards me. Now I see that by taking crap from people and not giving it back I am allowing myself to be bogged down. No more!

This quote came to me again when watching my 10 minutes of the Today Show this morning. They were discussing Good Riddance 2009. This is the third year of people going down to Time Square with anything they want to be rid of for the new year. This is BRILLIANT! People were showing up with suitcases of things to put through this massive shredder. I love it! People arrived looking down and forlorn (love that word) and after putting their various crap in the shredder they seemed like new people...elated and rejuvenated! What a wonderful idea! Clearly, we now know what I will be putting in my proverbial shredder...everyone's crap that I have had to deal with in 09! You know who you are and you are on your own for 2010. I wish you the best of luck keeping your crap to yourselves and now feel as elated and rejuvenated as those New Yorkers!

Be Glad!

1 comment:

  1. Decluttering your life and your home will achieve the same result without having to lug stuff to Times Square. Read Karen Kingston's "Clear Your Clutter With Feng Shui" to understand what STUFF does to us.

    ReplyDelete